Exchange Server Support
Knowledge is paramount in today's business climate, and employees' responsiveness to information is fundamental in leveraging a business's knowledge. Microsoft Exchange Server is Microsoft's corporate email solution, Exchange Server was designed to effectively and efficiently share information. More organizations use Exchange for e-mail-based collaboration than any other software on the market today. Not only is Exchange reliable and secure, is it also highly scalable. Whether administering On Site Exchange servers or providing a best of breed Hosted Exchange solution, BlueTech uses best business practices to optimize this powerful collaboration tool for small to mid-size businesses.
If you've used Exchange 5.5, Exchange 2000, Exchange 2003 or Exchange 2007 then you understand what a powerful collaboration tool Exchange Server can be. When used with Microsoft Outlook 2003/2007, Microsoft Exchange not only increases productivity, it also reduces the cost of organizational communication. Microsoft Exchange Server is designed to deliver increased protection for your business and give anywhere access for your employees, while being operationally efficient to deploy, manage and maintain.
Microsoft Exchange can be deployed on site at the location of your business, branch office, corporate headquarters or the service can be hosted, meaning the service is running out of a secure data center and accessed via the internet, the software is managed by us. Either type of use is virtually invisible to users.
There are many factors which determine the best use of Exchange for your business, and BlueTech can help you make that decision and implement it. BlueTech uses best business practices to increase productivity and reduce costs with this powerful collaboration tool.
Contact BlueTech today to see how your organization can leverage the robust collaboration features of Microsoft Exchange.Benefits of Microsoft Exchange
Standard POP3 email can be used to send email within your office. Exchange Server, however, makes inter-office email much easier to use and administer.
- Centralized Address Lists: All of your employees are automatically added to the “Global Address List” which is available to all users when addressing email.
- Centralized Groups: Groups of users (e.g. Commercial Lines Employees) can be created within Exchange Server and then appear in the “Global Address List” which is available to all users when addressing email.
Public Folders are centralized folders that can be accessed by all employees. Access to these folders can be restricted (by user or group) to provide whatever level of security is needed. Public Folders can contain any kind of information including Contact info (Name, address, phone, email, etc), Appointments (Calendars), Tasks, or Email. Some examples of public folders include:
- Contact information for your business partners (insurance company contacts, vendor contacts, etc.)
- Calendars to schedule the use of shared resources like conference rooms.
With new unified messaging in Exchange Server 2007, employees can receive their e-mail, voice mail, and faxes through a single inbox that can be accessed from anywhere. Employees can manage all of their messages in one place just as they manage e-mail today. For example, voice mail can be forwarded, or if the recipient adds text notes to the voice mail, messages can be found using built-in search.
With Exchange Server, everything in Outlook becomes “group enabled”. Your calendar, task list, Inbox, etc. can all be viewed or modified by other users. Of course, you decide how much, if any, access you want to allow to your information. Now any one can find out where you are and when you will be back just by checking your calendar.
Exchange Server features a Meeting Planner that lets you select users for a meeting, checks each user's calendar to determine a free time, and then notifies each user and updates their calendars with the scheduled meeting.
Outlook Web Access
Outlook Web Access is Web browser based version of Outlook with almost all the same features. Now you can access your email, calendar, contacts, etc. any time, from any PC, from anywhere in the world, via a Web browser.
Mobile features are native to Exchange 2003/2007 for mobile users. Through Mobile ActiveSync or Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) browsers, employees don't miss a beat even when out of the office.
Out of Office Assistant
Exchange Server provides a simple tool to notify others when you are out of the office. Just go to the Out of Office Assistant, tell it you are out of the office, and type a message. Whenever you receive email, the sender automatically receives an email back with your message. If you will be gone for a long time, you can have your email forwarded to another user so nothing falls through the cracks.
Exchange Server allows each of your users to have has many email addresses as they want. John Doe’s email address can be john@…, jdoe@…, johnd@…, and sales@… all at the same time. Exchange Server also supports as many different domain names as you want. You can have addresses at mycompany.com, mycompany.cc, and myothercompany.com all at the same time.
Real Time Email
With Exchange Server, everything happens right now. You receive your email as soon as it arrives at the server and when you send an email it goes immediately.
Exchange Server provides easier and more complete administration of email. With standard POP3 email, everything is stored on each user’s individual PC. With Exchange Server, all the data is stored in a database on the server. There are many benefits to this:
- All email, contacts, calendars, etc. are included in the daily backup of the server. When a PC "crashes", the email will not be lost because it is stored on the server. When a server "crashes" the email can be restored from the backup along with all your other data.
- When a user gets a new computer, there is no need to manually move the email and address lists from the old PC to the new PC. With Exchange Server you just tell the new PC which mailbox you want to access on the server and it will load all your messages, contacts etc.
- Virus software for Exchange Server prevents viruses from getting into the mailboxes. The virus will be removed before it hits your PCs. With traditional POP3 email, virus software cannot detect a virus until it reaches the user’s Inbox.
- Because Exchange server is the most widely used e-mail-based collaboration tool on the market, hundreds of third parties have developed Exchange Server enhancements to further customize the application for your needs.