Virtualization is a fast growing and proven technology that is changing the Information Technology landscape and the way that companies view their Technology needs. Virtualization allows you to run several virtual machines on a single physical server. Each virtual machine can run it's own operating system or application. In essence you have one physical machine logically divided into several machines, the amount depends on your hardware resources on the physical machine.
Virtualization allows you to take advantage of todays powerful hardware and maximize it's potential. Instead of having several servers running at 15% utilization, you can have one server running at 75% untilization. There are several vendors of virtualization software which will transform or "virtualize" your physical computer including the CPU, RAM, hard disk and network controller to create a fully functional virtual machine that can run its own operating system and applications just like a “real” computer. This software will allow you to share one computers resources across several operating systems within that virtual machine. Each virtual machine acts independently of the other and the software manages the virtul machines so there are no conflicts for access to resources. Users on your network will see each virtual machine as if it was a seperate physical machine. Virtual machines can all be managed from one console reducing IT personnel.
Virtualization doesn't stop there! You can virtualize your entire computing environment; desktops, applications, storage, hardware etc. There are many possibilities with virtualization including "cloud computing".
Beyond the savings in hardware, there are savings in power, space, and cooling since there are fewer machines running. Beyond those savings, there are personnel savings as you require fewer administrators since you have fewer machines. BlueTech IT Solutions has the experience and knowledge in virtualization implementations. Our team of IT professionals can assess and implement a virtualization strategy for your business or data center. We will handle the transition from beggining to end and do not subcontract any of our work so you have a company who backs its work.
Contact us and find out how virtualization can help you maximize your business infrastructure and save you money each year.The top 5 benefits to server virtualization:
- Lower number of physical servers - you can reduce hardware maintenance costs and energy costs because of a lower number of physical servers.
- By implementing a server consolidation strategy, you can increase the space utilization efficiency in your data center, small business or office.
- By having each application within its own "virtual server" you can prevent one application from impacting another application when upgrades or changes are made.
- You can create a virtual server image which can be deployed quickly and effortlessly to another physical machine should the server hosting your virtual machine go down - minimizing production downtime.
- You can deploy multiple operating system technologies on a single hardware platform (i.e. Windows Server 2008/2003, Linux, Windows 2000, etc).
Illustration of a VMware virtualization implementation: